Often times if one or more family members are facing struggles or difficulties in life, it has an impact on others in the family. Family therapy provides support to help your family work through these difficult situations. Guidance from our counselors can help provide tools and new ideas for family members to function better as a team.
Common reasons to seek help:
- Communication difficulties
- Relational Conflicts
Family therapy is necessary to address family issues and heal a family’s wounds. If any of the above scenarios resonate with your family, consider seeking family therapy. Family therapy can be beneficial on many different levels.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.