Bridging Hope Counseling offers individual, marriage, and family counseling services including:
- Family Struggles
- Sibling and Child/Parent Struggles
- Teen/Parent Struggles
- Couple and Marriage Therapy
- Anger Management
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Sexual, Physical or Emotional Abuse
- Systems Focus
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
- Daring Way™ Groups
- Sand Tray and Art Therapy
- Expressive Therapies
We work with individuals, couples and families. At times, it may be important to connect with someone outside the family. The collaboration of all involved can improve the effectiveness of counseling. If it does seem important to connect with others outside the family, a release of authorization of information has to be signed before we can speak with any person or organization. We will only speak to others with your permission and agreement.
Any information revealed during therapy will be kept strictly confidential. This information will not be revealed to any other person or agency without written permission, with certain limitations. When teens are seen without their parents, we prefer that most information be kept between the counselor and the teen. However, the parent has the right to the information. Our preference is to guide the teen to tell the parent on their own. It is our hope to improve the trust and connection so this information is safe and free to discuss as a family. Releases of information require the written approval of every consenting member who was present during counseling.
Limits to Confidentiality
There are certain situations that counselors are required by law to reveal confidential information.
These situations include:
- An immediate threat of harm to yourself, the threat of you harming others or if you require appropriate emergency psychiatric care.
- Any physical abuse, neglect, or sexual abuse of children or vulnerable adults in the past three years.
- Use of excessive alcohol or any illegal drug for non-medical purpose during a pregnancy.
- Any sexual exploitation by health care professionals.
- If State or Federal law authorizes the release of your records
Canceled, Missed, or Late Appointments
We require a 24 hour cancelation notice for any scheduled appointments, except in the case of a verifiable emergency. Failure to attend a session without giving notice will result in a fee up to $100. Canceling a session with less than twenty-four (24) hour notice will result in a $75 fee, or the cost of the full session if the agreed upon fee per session is less.
We are understanding and know that life happens and schedules can change frequently. Please let us know in time so we can adjust our schedules accordingly.
Our practice specializes in treating individuals, couples and families and we offer comprehensive services dealing with: